Discipleship Ministries Grants
Discipleship Ministries offers several grant programs to further the priority of making disciples around the world. These include grants for young people and ministries with young people, grants that support the racial/ethnic local church and connectional ministries, and endowment-funded grants for adult discipleship in Texas. For further information or assistance on Grants for Ministries with Young People and Global Youth Service Fund, please contact the Grants Administrator at email@example.com. For further information or assistance on Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns or Sam Taylor grants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants for Ministries with Young People
Young People’s Ministries recognizes that young people have incredible dreams for the world that are realized in the way young people live out their ministries. However, sometimes these dreams are more difficult to make a reality because funding is limited. The purpose of these grants is to fund dynamic, creative, innovative approaches to ministries for, with, and by young people that can serve as model programs for other organizations throughout the connection. The grants are available to local churches, affiliated organizations, campus ministries, districts, annual conferences, provisional conferences, jurisdictional conferences, and central conferences of The United Methodist Church. Grants for Ministries with Young People applications are due each JULY 1 for funding to begin the following year.
Global Youth Service Fund
All of the funding available from the Youth Service Fund is contributed by youth in order to support other youth in ministry around the world. For every donation made – anywhere in the world – 30% is sent to Young People’s Ministries to create the Global Youth Service Fund. Each Annual Conference in The United Methodist Church is responsible for distributing the remaining 70%, and applicants can contact their conference office to learn how to apply for this portion.
Any organization, whether or not it is United Methodist, can apply for a Global Youth Service Fund grant, as long as the project involves youth in all aspects of the ministry. Global Youth Service Fund applications are due each JULY 1 for funding to begin the following year.
Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns Grant
The purpose of the Discipleship Ministries Racial Ethnic Local Church Grants (RELCC) is to provide funding to strengthen the ethnic local church through leadership training, small groups, worship, stewardship and spiritual formation as they engage in developing disciple making systems inside the church walls as well as in the local community. Priority is given to new programs and ministries that move churches to places where disciples are formed, grow and make new disciples of Jesus Christ who will transform the world. Additionally, special attention will be given to programs that are led by United Methodist young people with a passion for racial justice who are engaged in innovative initiatives that promote reconciliation among races. Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns applications are due September 1, 2020.
Sam Taylor Trust Fund Grants
Sam Taylor Trust Fund grants are available for Christian education endeavors for adults in Texas, for Texans. Grant applicants may request up to $15,000 for such projects. Applications are due by September 1, 2020 for the 2020-2021 award cycle.