Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns Grant
The purpose of the Discipleship Ministries Racial Ethnic Local Church Grants (RELCC) is to provide funding to strengthen the ethnic local church through leadership training, small groups, worship, stewardship and spiritual formation as they engage in developing disciple making systems inside the church walls as well as in the local community.
Priority is given to new programs and ministries that move churches to places where disciples are formed, grow and make new disciples of Jesus Christ who will transform the world.
A maximum of one grant per U.S. jurisdiction will be awarded.
Projects must reflect the strategic priorities of Discipleship Ministries (see below):
- Improving disciple-making systems in existing local churches.
- Increasing engagement with people outside the church who claim “no religious preference” and consider the church irrelevant.
- Strengthening churches that are pre-dominantly non-white; that is: churches that are predominantly African-American, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Asian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander, or multi-ethnic.
Funds are not provided for personnel or equipment.
The MAXIMUM grant is $10,000. Applications are due September 10, 2022.
Discipleship Ministries staff are also available to answer questions about the application process.
Executive Director of Research and Strategic Evaluation
(877) 899-2780, ext. 1743 (toll-free)
Alma W. Perez
Spanish-Language Acquisition Editor
(877) 899-2780, ext. 7118 (toll-free)
Director, Korean, Asian American, & Pacific Islander Ministries
(877) 899-2780, ext. 7050 (toll-free)